Monday, September 8, 2008

For my Make a difference Challenge I am thinking of doing the problem of rubbish in Redleaf beach after storms and rain instad of lobbying for a cycling track at Christison Park. I am going to do this becauseRedleaf is a freindly and fun place to spend the afternoon but after storms and rain it is full of rubbish and pollution because of the stormwater drains.

Doing this as my Make a difference challenge is a better idea, because by cleaning up Redleaf I will actually be making a difference, whereas lobbying to the council to build a cycling track does not really help anyone in the slightest apart from letting them ride a bike in the park.

I still need to get informed about this problem but as far as I know there is no plan underway to get rid of the rubish in Redleaf. My plan to clean it up is to set up catchers around the storm water drains leading into Redleaf and have a collector go down down once a week and coolectall the rubbish up. The council is only about a hundred metres away from Redleaf so this should be no hardship.

So far this is my new Make A Difference Challenge. Think Locally Act Globally.

3 comments:

Max Riley: Make A Difference said...

Good luck for your make a difference challenge I like your thoughts of an issue and I hope you succeed with your issue

T.Mahony said...

Glad you have kepy trying and looking for better problems. There are a few spelling and grammar mistakes in it though. I like your issue.

Well done!

adixson said...

tom, I am not sure which one you are doing but seeing as the Woollahra Councils HQ is in Redleaf gardens then maybe that it would get them interested.